We are a global provider of innovative, state of the art products and services for comprehensive engine-driven management, protection, monitoring and control solutions. We offer the full line of engine instrumentation products from FW Murphy Production Controls along with extensive engine control development expertise from E-Controls to provide customers with a complete solution approach for engine control, protection, and monitoring. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service. Our commitment is to understand and meet the requirements of our customers and maintain an environment which encourages all employees to pursue never-ending improvements in quality and productivity. The company employs over 380 employees worldwide with a global reach including locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma; San Antonio & Rosenberg, Texas; Grants Pass, Oregon; Hangzhou, China.
- Manager, Operations
- This position will supervise a warehouse team
Key Job Elements
- Supervise a warehouse team responsible for the shipping, receiving, cycle count, material storage and transfer functions.
- Design and improve material flow processes from raw material to finished goods to shipping.
- Maintain and monitor the raw material, finished goods, and inter-company Kanban system.
- Lead the team through the creation and execution of a new warehouse layout, including outside storage when required.
- Drive the PFEP system on the plant floor (Place For Every Part)
- Establish/Maintain cycle count program to maintain inventory control, eliminating the need for physical inventory counts.
- Manage the inventory calendar (ABC review etc.)
- Create and drive a disciplined FIFO program.
- Clear and concise communication with sales/operations on shipping issues.
- Oversee the FedEx, UPS, and other freight forwarder accounts
- Develop/implement foreign shipment process.
- Coach and develop the warehouse team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate or advanced degree preferred
- APICS certified preferred
- 5 - 7 years warehouse experience in a supervisory / management role
- Understanding of MRP / ERP planning concepts
- Experience with MRP / ERP Systems, JD Edwards E-One preferred
- Strong supervisory and communication skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, teambuilding, and influencing skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Knowledge of inventory planning methods, root cause analysis, ABC logic, fixed and random location systems, public warehousing services, and logistics
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodology and tools a plus
- Experience with 6S programs
- Should be meticulous and familiar with industry calibration standards
Key Performance Characteristics
- Continue developing a culture of safety and 6S.
- Supervise and develop the warehouse team
- Control inventory accuracy
- Manage delivery performance to external and internal customers
- Drive process improvements for material flow
- Propose and execute warehouse re-layout planning
- Communicate proactively
Position Type, Schedule and Travel
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
E-Controls and FW Murphy Production Controls provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.