We are a global provider of innovative, state of the art products and services for comprehensive engine-driven management, protection, monitoring and control solutions. We offer the full line of engine instrumentation products from FW Murphy Production Controls along with extensive engine control development expertise from EControls to provide customers with a complete solution approach for engine control, protection, and monitoring. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service. Our commitment is to understand and meet the requirements of our customers and maintain an environment which encourages all employees to pursue never-ending improvements in quality and productivity. The company employs over 420 employees worldwide with a global reach including locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma; San Antonio & Rosenberg, Texas; Grants Pass, Oregon; Hangzhou, China.
Reporting & Supervisory Responsibility
- This position reports to the Manager, Test Engineering.
- This position has the potential to have supervisory responsibility.
Key Job Elements
- Generate CAM profiles required to operate the department’s CNC mills, including generating program file(s) for the part
- Facilitate the efficient and complete creation of CAM programs by performing detailed review of 3D models, drawings, and notes in order to reconcile gaps/discrepancies with the requestor
- Create ancillary fixtures required to perform machining operations
- Perform machine setups, load material, and operate CNC machines in support of shop schedule
- Operate manual machine tools and equipment including a lathe, band saw, and various support tools
- Communicate work request status to CNC supervisor or requestor including validating individual requests and providing updates at interim milestones to ensure delivery commitment
- Support CNC supervisor in maintaining materials required for machining and fabrication
- Support CNC supervisor in obtaining replacement tooling and consumables
- Perform equipment maintenance in order to optimize machine tool performance and to maximize uptime
- Maintain shop appearance and neatness in pursuit of a world-class prototype machining operation
- Associate’s Degree preferred or vocational training in CNC Machine Operations or Programming
- Continuing education/technical training in CNC programming and CNC machining may be applicable, with Fadal CNC programming and MasterCAM training a plus
- 2-5 years of machine shop experience including CNC mill operation
- Must have strong background with MasterCAM or equivalent 3D-CAD driven CAM software
- Familiarity with the following: Fadal CNC mills and CNC G-code or direct CNC machine programming interfaces
Key Performance Characteristics
- Innovative Outlook
- Power of Analysis
- Effective Communication Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Passion for the Job
- Sense of Urgency
- Positive Attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer
EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.