Reports to: General Manager – VP of Sales
Classification: Exempt Division: Santa Ana
Date: March 2019
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the development of the Company’s Li-Ion market in the assigned regions. The candidate will work autonomously and as part of a broader team, exploring opportunities, interacting with new and existing customers, recommending products or service enhancements, to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential; as well as recommending sales programs and short-and long-term sales strategies.
The position requires excellent interpersonal skills, deep knowledge of the material handling and battery industries, creativity and a relentless attitude to achieve and exceed the company targets. The Regional Sales Manager will be familiar with standard concepts, practices, procedures, and relies on experience, connections, relationships and judgment to plan, implement appropriate new sales techniques to achieve sales and profit goals.
The Sales Manager will always represent the Company professionally, act legally and ethically, respecting customers and partners while acting in the best interest of the Company. The Sales Manager will be required to be relentless, passionate and creative.
- Responsible, within the assigned region, for all the sales and marketing aspects associated with the introduction of existing and new products in the market.
- Responsible for meeting all sales targets and business objectives set out on an annual basis, by creating new opportunities and developing existing business.
- Visits potential customers, creates relationships, makes calls and all other required arrangements with the goal of persuading the customer to demo and purchase the Company’s products.
- Collaborates with the factory to maximize customer satisfaction and provides input/contribution to the engineering team for product improvements and/or new products.
- Creates and implements a business plan and sales strategies in accordance with the company’s vision, strategy and long term goals.
- Is able to analyze operating results of the product segment relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate action is taken to remedy unsatisfactory conditions.
- Plans and executes, with management’s approval, all negotiations related to new and existing business.
- Examines economic and market trends and conditions as they affect the company and makes recommendations to take full advantage of any changing circumstances.
- Maintains an effective system of communication throughout the company. Cooperates with other regional sales managers and all company’s functions to achieve the highest performance possible.
- Is competent and continues to educate himself/herself about the technology used in the products represented. Asks questions to the engineering group or to other competent employees and demonstrates a continuous learning mindset.
- Represents the company to the highest standards of professionalism and ethics, in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government bodies, professional societies and similar groups.
- Complies with all local legal and environmental restrictions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- BS in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or other related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent emotional intelligence (EI), written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as well-developed sales management skills.
- Knowledge of lead-acid and lithium ion battery technology and industrial forklift markets.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet.
- Relentless, Self-starter, self-learner and self-motivated, able to grow and develop opportunities.
- Obsessed with conquering complexity and finding creative solutions to achieve goals.
- Able to deliver high quality work while working in a high pace environment.
- Ability to drive vehicles and travel by airplane
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
This position performs some sedentary office work and requires the ability to move throughout the building to interact with employees/vendors. The position answers telephone calls, bends, reaches and pushes and pulls file drawers. This position uses a computer terminal to access, input and retrieve data. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. This position may be required to lift up to 50lbs.
Management reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time.