POSITION AVAILABLE NORTHEAST US
The sales leader awarded this role joins a premier, financially sound enterprise and the leading Instrumentation & Controls manufacturer in the Oil and Gas industry. The chosen Strategic Account Manager will be instrumental for business growth and advancement of brand credibility in alignment with the company’s overall strategic plan, leveraging the success and progressive growth in the marketplace and providing differentiating word-class service to a growing customer base in the region. The proven professional selected for this unique opportunity will enjoy autonomy and visibility, with responsibility for maximizing new business development, lateral expansion of existing business, support of channel partners and overall sales results for the territory. There is no limit to the level of success to be enjoyed by the singular visionary who is motivated to attain and advance in this role.
The selected Strategic Account Manager joins FW Murphy, a manufacturing and service enterprise that builds world-class natural gas compressor controls solutions as well as natural gas engine controls for the oil and gas industry to customers across the country and internationally. FW Murphy is the industry-leading compressor controls manufacturer in North America, in a wide range of oil and gas applications. The company is the front-runner when it comes to emission and compression controls.
The chosen Strategic Account Manager will be a technically adept and trusted advisor with a hands-on, consultative, relationship-based approach who combines an exceptional array of business savvy, technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, personal integrity and value-creating expertise with the vision, initiative, passion and energy to make a decisive impact and capitalize on a superb career-advancing opportunity.
- Specific background, experiences, accomplishments, and skills that appear to be most important for success in this role.
- Career track of progressive, results-oriented leadership accomplishments in increasingly complex business development roles. Ideal candidate has achieved success in a sales and business development role, with documented accomplishments and skills honed successfully serving as sales/marketing/operations leader within electrical controls, automation, instrumentation or production manufacturing, services or similar environment, with successful direct face-to-face customer interaction and excellence in customer service in a B2B environment paramount. Product management experience and/or sales management experience desirable. General knowledge of the O&G industry desired.
- Proven experiences in business, customer and channel development with a consultative, relationship-based approach. Understands the driving forces in the O&G industry. Direct knowledge of the market landscape is a strong plus. Skill to maintain and foster successful business relationships with major OEM enterprises, other exploration companies, active O&G companies, consulting engineers and related high-value targets.
- Experience in key account identification, acquisition, and retention. Able to discern the true decision makers within a particular customer environment and understand how to enroll them in a process and develop a value proposition specifically targeted to their need. Add value, maintain strong rapport with customers and monitor ongoing customer support to continually evolve the customer relationship and maximize opportunities with each customer site.
- Proven skill in personally closing sales and developing business. Industry knowledge and technical expertise considered a strong plus. Proven ability to establish and bolster customer relationships, orchestrating day-to-day client development and sales processes to drive sales, grow business and increase profit margins within a competitive market.
- Possesses business and financial acumen and the skills to work as part of a sales team.
- Ability to assess targeted market data and implement follow-through strategies to improve the quality of opportunities in the sales pipeline, enhance customer relationship management and generate additional new business.
- Superior organizational skills with an excellent record and insight for strategic planning of sales and business initiatives within the territory. Creative problem-solver with well-developed sales/marketing acumen, marketplace knowledge, and relevant business skills and experience.
- Leadership skill to ensure effective collaboration, coordination, and communication of sales and relevant business information to the corporate leadership team.
- Working knowledge and technical proficiency of applicable software for use in marketing, sales, business operations.
- Affinity for travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred yet not required; degree in a related engineering discipline (mechanical or electrical) considered a plus.
- Traits and abilities that appear to be most important for success in this role.
- An energizing self-starter with initiative, self-discipline, confidence, and assertiveness to manage a territory with skill to bring about positive outcomes via working through and with others. Ability to engage and influence people positively, be a catalyst for progress, and make a decisive positive impact.
- Skill to quickly engender trust and confidence and to raise the comfort level of customers who may distrust new technologies or new/different ways of accomplishing business objectives.
- Proactive and self-sufficient, with a hands-on, sleeves-rolled-up style. Possess a down-to-earth demeanor balanced by competitive nature, broad vision and a strong sense of urgency to accomplish objectives. Good work ethic.
- Engaging personality and management style and a sense of humor. Interpersonal leadership ability to “bring out the best” in others.
- A mature, well-grounded, outgoing, innovative, success-oriented personality bringing a record of setting and surpassing objectives
- Decisive, yet flexible and adaptive, with skill in identifying problems and opportunities, using creativity to map and bring about innovative solutions. Perform with excellence under demanding circumstances.
- Entrepreneurial in spirit and a creative, positive-minded thinker who finds enjoyment in discovering and harnessing new opportunities to advance the company. Strong internal motivation to strive for career success.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to sell a point in a non-polarizing manner, gaining consensus and “buy-in.”
- KEY ATTRACTORS
Key points Administration believes will be strong attractors to top candidates.
- Career-advancing opportunity to work as a key leader in a highly visible, essential role within a well-respected company in a solid growth environment. FW Murphy has high name recognition and is the market leader in the natural gas industry. This opportunity holds tremendous upside potential to lead the company into the future.
- Unique opportunity to serve as a key player in advancing a high-growth and profitable company – the market leader in the industry. Bring and implement your best ideas to produce a significant positive impact on a major organization.
- Significant opportunity to work in a collaborative, collegial, service-oriented environment with the enthusiastic support of progressive executives and forward-thinking company leadership. Enjoy autonomy and an open work environment with no hidden agendas where we measure success by your efforts to advance the company’s market share to the next levels of accomplishment.