We are a global provider of innovative, state of the art products and services for comprehensive engine-driven management, protection, monitoring and control solutions. We offer the full line of engine instrumentation products from FW Murphy Production Controls along with extensive engine control development expertise from EControls to provide customers with a complete solution approach for engine control, protection, and monitoring. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service. Our commitment is to understand and meet the requirements of our customers and maintain an environment which encourages all employees to pursue never-ending improvements in quality and productivity. The company employs over 400 employees worldwide with a global reach including locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma; San Antonio & Rosenberg, Texas; Grants Pass, Oregon; Hangzhou, China.
Reporting & Supervisory Responsibility
- This position reports to the Manager, Engineering (Software).
- This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Key Job Elements
- Understand commonly used drafting symbols found on industrial electrical control panel wiring and construction drawings.
- Moderate experience and understanding of commonly used industrial machinery. Knowledge of large reciprocating/screw compressors utilizing industrial (gas and diesel) engines and/or medium voltage electric motors and VFDs is desirable.
- Ability to comprehend functional layout/wiring diagrams, P&IDs, end user specifications and theory of operations while writing control panel PLC & HMI applications.
- Familiar with one of the following manufacturers proprietary programming software: Allen-Bradley, Siemens, GE-Fanuc, or Modicon. Allen Bradley or Siemens is preferable.
- Working knowledge of industrial standards (NEC, IEC, ISA, UL, CSA, API, ANSI) and their relation to hazardous location and industrial control requirements.
- Ability to create written test procedures for the demonstration and proofing of control panel applications, via full functional simulation, using test equipment, meters, lights, switches, etc.
- Conduct Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) in the presence of customers, including a full functional demonstration and oration of the control panel’s features and capabilities per a written theory of operation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Engineering Technology OR related technical vocational training with extended experience of 5 years or more.
- 2 years minimum industrial experience maintaining and programming PLC controlled machinery.
Key Performance Characteristics
- Innovative Outlook - The ability to see new business opportunities that are not immediately evident to others. Originality of thought, the inherent desire to seek new and more effective ways of doing things and the initiative to implement them.
- Power of Analysis - The ability to break complex problems down into simple elements and solve them logically; sheer intellectual fire power. Ability to make timely decisions.
- Effective Communication Skills - The ability to communicate (create shared understanding) lucidly and forcefully, both verbally and on paper, then tailor the form and method of communication to the needs and perceptions of the recipient(s).
- Adaptability – The ability to refocus solution approach when radical change of scope occurs. Redirect efforts to conquer the customer’s complexity.
- Strong Work Ethic - Motivated and ambitious self starter with the desire to succeed.
- Passion for the Job - Possess relevant experience applicable to the position. Exhibit specific technical knowledge requirements.
- Sense of Urgency - Self starter that understands how to get things done with the appropriate level of energy and assertiveness in a timely manner.
- Positive Attitude - Work well with others and fulfill commitments to the team. Willingness to accept direction. Maintain positive relationship with supervisor.
- Honesty/Integrity - Does not cut corners ethically. Readily admits shortcomings and/or mistakes and uses them as learning opportunities.
Position Type, Schedule and Travel
This is a full-time position with an expected 10% travel time. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.