We are a global provider of innovative, state of the art products and services for comprehensive engine-driven management, protection, monitoring, and control solutions. We offer the full line of engine instrumentation products from FW Murphy Production Controls along with extensive engine control development expertise from EControls to provide customers with a complete solution approach for engine control, protection, and monitoring. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service. Our commitment is to understand and meet the requirements of our customers and maintain an environment which encourages all employees to pursue never-ending improvements in quality and productivity. The company employs over 380 employees worldwide with a global reach including locations in, Texas, California, Oklahoma, Oregon, China, Japan, and the Netherlands.
Location & Reporting
This position is located at our San Antonio, TX location and reports to the Director, Human Resources.
Key Job Elements
- Assist with recruitment programs and services to achieve organizational recruitment objectives
- Oversees the hiring process, i.e., develops and maintains job posting process ensuring positions are filled in a timely manner, manages resume and applicant tracking systems, screens applicants, schedules and conducts interviews, checks references, and background, and evaluates applicant qualifications
- Manages the internal job posting and employee referral program
- Regularly communicates with hiring managers on the recruiting status. Prepares weekly status reports
- Assist with the performance management process to support the organization’s global Top grading philosophy; ensure the compliance with the programs and the consistent measurement of employee performance
- Works closely with managers to develop and drive human resource activities and processes relative to employee performance that support business initiatives.
- Facilitates resolution of employee relations issues and administers progressive discipline and performance improvement plans with program management. Advises and counsels managers and employees on a wide variety of organizational and employee performance issues. Responds to the needs of managers and employees in a timely manner
- Provides advisory and investigative support to management on sensitive employee relations issues, working with legal counsel when necessary
- Partner with management to coordinate local company events
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- MBA a plus
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an HR Generalist role
- Experience in a manufacturing organization preferred
- High degree of discipline regarding attention to details
- Strong communicator, with exceptional written communication skills, strong understanding of writing styles, and grammar. Ability to proofread documents to ensure all intra-company communications are of the highest quality
- A proven track record in meeting deadlines
- Strong time and project management skills
- Self-motivated with a passion for achieving results, a can-do attitude that is relentless in the pursuit of their goals
- A solution based thinker, who is always open to new methodologies and techniques for improving the efficiency and accuracy of HR processes. Is willing to challenge convention to change the game
- Demonstrated experience in employee development, coaching, and performance management sets high expectations for themselves and is comfortable addressing performance issues with employees
Key Performance Characteristics
- Innovative Outlook
- Power of Analysis
- Effective Communication Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Passion for the Job
- Sense of Urgency
- Positive Attitude
Position Type, Schedule and Travel
This is a full-time position with an expected 10-20% travel time. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.