We are a global provider of innovative, state of the art products and services for comprehensive engine-driven management, protection, monitoring, and control solutions. We offer the full line of engine instrumentation products from FW Murphy Production Controls along with extensive engine control development expertise from EControls to provide customers with a complete solution approach for engine control, protection, and monitoring. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service. Our commitment is to understand and meet the requirements of our customers and maintain an environment which encourages all employees to pursue never-ending improvements in quality and productivity. The company employs over 380 employees worldwide with a global reach including locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma; San Antonio & Rosenberg, Texas; Grants Pass, Oregon; Hangzhou, China.
Reporting & Supervisory Responsibility
- This position reports to VP, Operations.
- This position is responsible for supervising, Manufacturing, Materials (Buying/Planning & Warehouse), Maintenance, Facilities and Environmental, Health & Safety functions.
Key Job Elements
- Achieve annual plant goals for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory
- Develop and deploy new production processes in support of new product development
- Drive Lean Manufacturing, Visual Controls, and Standard Work best practices in Manufacturing Operations
- Champion and mentor team members in Lean Six Sigma and leadership development
- Leading the San Antonio Manufacturing Operations team
- Being a leadership champion for Genisys Controls Core Values
- Establishing departmental objectives in support of Operation’s strategic plan and annual budget
- Ensuring the proper processes and systems are in place to achieve these objectives
- Evaluating production and staff capacity requirements in order to deliver on sales plan targets and enable ongoing business growth
- Ensuring sufficient Manufacturing capacity exists to support new product development activities and production requirements
- Mentoring and coaching others to develop the leadership capability of the Manufacturing Operations team
- Championing Lean and continuous improvement activities in manufacturing and materials processes
- Partnering across business functions to achieve targeted customer service levels
- Working with the VP of Manufacturing and other Operations team members to develop long-term strategies and operating programs to achieve business goal
- Develop inventory management plans and goals for the SCM team
- Assure PPV targets are achieved
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or Business is required. MBA is preferred.
- 5-7 years of professional manufacturing management experience with the latest position as the leader of Manufacturing or Operations for a manufacturing company with annual sales in excess of $75 million where the individual was responsible for the assembly, quality, and delivery of industrial equipment. Experience with the following are required:
- Manufacturing ERP/MRP system (preferably Oracle)
- Experienced in material management
- Lean manufacturing principles, tools, and implementation
- ISO 9001 standards
Key Performance Characteristics
- Innovative Outlook
- Leadership Capability
- Power of Analysis
- Effective Communication Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Passion for the Job
- Sense of Urgency
- Positive Attitude
Position Type, Schedule and Travel
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.