We are a global provider of innovative, state of the art products and services for comprehensive engine-driven management, protection, monitoring and control solutions. We offer the full line of engine instrumentation products from FW Murphy Production Controls along with extensive engine control development expertise from EControls to provide customers with a complete solution approach for engine control, protection, and monitoring. We are passionate about customer satisfaction and service. Our commitment is to understand and meet the requirements of our customers and maintain an environment which encourages all employees to pursue never-ending improvements in quality and productivity. The company employs over 380 employees worldwide with a global reach including locations in Tulsa, Oklahoma; San Antonio & Rosenberg, Texas; Grants Pass, Oregon; Hangzhou, China.
Reporting & Supervisory Responsibility
Key Job Elements
• Participate on New Product Development teams including facilitation of FMEA teams, MSA coordination and Control Plan development
• Coordinate and submit PPAP to key customers
• Coordinate Internal Audit program
• Lead root cause analysis and corrective action activities related to product non-conformances reported by customers.
• Evaluate effectiveness of supplier corrective action activities resulting from Supplier Corrective Action Reports
• Provide Quality support to New Product Development teams by
• Participating in team meetings
• Evaluate warranty trends of similar products
• Facilitate FMEA
• Coordinate and evaluate MSA
• Develop and implement Control Plans
• Assist in Safe Launch testing implementation
• BS Degree in Engineering or related field is required
• Minimum 3-5 years of Quality Engineering experience
• Background in Lean Mfg and Six Sigma methodologies is desired
Key Performance Characteristics
• Coordinate activities required for PPAP submittal to key customers
• Support Quality Management System through coordination of Internal Audit program
• Provide Quality leadership for root cause analysis and corrective action teams related to product non-conformances reported by customers and/or are supplier related in an effort support corporate quality performance goals
• Continually seeks to accomplish the mission and improve the organization by
• Displaying a no-excuse can-do attitude
• Providing a superior level of customer service by exceeding internal and external customer expectations
• Staying aware of developments in quality knowledge and tools in the quality industry
• Spreading the message of Quality and Organization Excellence throughout the organization
• Teaching others
• Influencing others to be all they can be
• Building coalitions and relationships among customers, suppliers, and employees within FW Murphy.
• Endeavors to uphold professional integrity and adheres to the ASQ Code of Ethics
Position Type, Schedule and Travel
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EControls and FW Murphy Production Controls comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.